When do I have to complete my Texas CLE credits?
When do I report CLE compliance in Texas?
How do I report compliance?
These are some of the questions that we hear everyday when we speak to attorneys that use our AttorneyCredits.com website for CLE compliance. We know that a number of attorneys have questions about CLE compliance, from credit requirements to late CLE reporting. The information is not always easy to find and the state bars don’t always make things easy for you.
In order to help Texas attorneys find the CLE information they need, we have created a CLE FAQ for Texas attorneys. Attorneys in the Lonestar State are required by the State Bar of Texas to complete their CLE obligation each year. Luckily for attorneys in Texas, they may complete their entire TX CLE requirement through online and downloadable TX CLE courses.
Top Texas CLE Questions
What are the mandatory CLE requirements in Texas?
- Texas attorneys must complete a minimum of 15 TX CLE credit hours each annual TX CLE compliance period, including 3 hours of Legal Ethics.
How many online Texas CLE courses can I take through Attorney Credits?
- Attorneys admitted to the State Bar of Texas may complete fifteen (15) TX CLE credit hours through on demand online TX CLE courses. Attorney Credits online and offline TX CLE courses qualify for participatory CLE credit in Texas.
When must I complete my TX CLE requirement and report my TX CLE compliance?
- The Texas CLE compliance year is a one-year period that begins on the first day of the month you were born and ends one year later on the last day of the month that precedes the month of your birth. Each Texas attorney is given an automatic grace period to complete and report mandatory TX CLE hours for the TX CLE compliance year. This TX CLE grace period runs until the end of the birth month.
Does Attorney Credits keep track and report my TX CLE hours completed?
- Yes, Attorney Credits does report your TX CLE credit completed to the State Bar of Texas. We send completed lists to the State Bar of Texas every Monday.
Whose responsibility is it to ensure that TX CLE hours are properly reported?
- Since Texas is a self-reporting CLE state you must verify the receipt of your TX CLE compliance information with the State Bar of Texas.
Does the State Bar of Texas keep a record of my CLE activities completed?
- Yes, the Texas MCLE Department does track an attorney’s mandatory CLE compliance through the MCLE Annual Verification Report.
How do I report my Texas CLE compliance?
- Your MCLE Annual Verification Report will be mailed to you by the State Bar of Texas eight (8) weeks before the month of your birth and it is your duty to review this report carefully. If the Verification Report indicates that you have completed the required number of TX CLE hours, then you do not have to take any further action.
Who can I contact for more information about TX CLE?
- For more information about CLE in Texas call the Texas MCLE Department at (512) 427-1806. You may also contact Attorney Credits support via email or telephone. For further assistance and information, please call our Support Center at 877-910-MCLE (6253) or visit the support page on the website.
Attorney Credits is an accredited CLE provider in Texas. Texas attorneys may complete TX CLE courses in the following media formats: streaming video & audio, MP3 and video download (MP4). We also offer MP3 Player and USB Stick compliance packages that come pre-loaded with all 15 required TX CLE credit hours.
For more information about CLE in Texas, please click the following link: Texas CLE.
 Attorney Credits reports on Monday for all courses completed the previous Monday 12:00:01 AM to Sunday 12:59:59 PM.
 Texas attorneys are ultimately responsible for reporting completion of their TX CLE requirement to the State Bar of Texas.
 If you have not completed or reported the minimum 15 TX CLE credit hours by the last day of your TX CLE compliance year, a reminder notice will be emailed and mailed to you by the State Bar of Texas at the beginning of your birth month. If you are not in compliance with your mandatory TX CLE requirement you can either report your TX CLE compliance online or submit a coded Credit Input Form that is mailed along with your MCLE Annual Verification Report.
 Attorney Credits state CLE provider number is 12507.