Do you have questions about your Alabama CLE requirement? Do you need to know how to report your AL CLE compliance – or how many legal ethics credits you need each annual compliance period? Do you need to know how many AL CLE courses you can take you can take each year via online CLE courses? Or how you report AL MCLE compliance?
Alabama CLE Compliance & Reporting Requirements
- Reporting Cycle: Annual
- Compliance Deadline: December 31
- Reporting Deadline: January 31
Well, we have created an AL CLE FAQ to answer all your pressing Alabama CLE questions!! Now you can easily find the answers that you need to all of your AL CLE questions without having to search all over the Web. We have listed everything from the amount of credit you are allowed to carry over credit to what happens if you are in non-compliance with your AL CLE requirement.
Top Alabama CLE Questions
What are the mandatory AL CLE requirements?
- Attorneys licensed to practice law in Alabama must complete a minimum of twelve (12) AL CLE credit hours each annual compliance period, including one (1) mandatory credit hour of legal ethics or professionalism.
When must I complete and report my AL CLE?
- December 31 is the last day to take MCLE courses. Internet courses must be completed by midnight. January 31 is the deadline to report your MCLE compliance with the Alabama MCLE Commission.
How many online AL CLE courses can I take with Attorney Credits?
- Six (6) credit hours. Alabama attorneys are limited to obtaining a maximum of 6 CLE credits via online CLE courses.
Does the Alabama MCLE Commission keep a record of my completed CLE activities?
- Yes. See below for more details.
How do I report my AL CLE compliance?
- By January 31, attorneys subject to the Alabama MCLE requirement will be provided a report on a form supplied by the Alabama MCLE Commission. The form will provide information concerning the attorney’s completion of MCLE hours and will include reference to hours earned during the preceding calendar year, in addition to hours to be carried forward to the current year. You must complete and return this form by January 31.
Who can I contact for more information about AL CLE?
- For more information about MCLE in Alabama, please call the Alabama MCLE Commission at (334) 269-1515.You may also contact Attorney Credits support via email or telephone. For further assistance and information, please call our Support Center at (760) 434-1885 or visit the support page on the website.
We hope that this saves you some time and keeps you compliant with your AL CLE requirement. If you have further questions, you can visit our full Alabama CLE FAQ. And if you need to complete your AL CLE requirement, please visit our AL CLE page: AL CLE.