Illinois attorneys are now required to take one hour of Diversity & Inclusion CLE and one hour of Mental Health & Substance Abuse CLE as part of their 6 hour Professional Responsibility requirement. Data collected by the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism showed that few Illinois attorneys were taking courses focused on either of those two areas.
IL MCLE: Mental Health & Substance Abuse CLE Courses
* Addiction and Evolution: Self-Care for Attorneys
* Am I Drinking Too Much is a Rhetorical Question!
* An Attorney’s Duty: Competence & Substance Abuse
* Compromised Competence: Addiction in the Legal Profession
* Don’t Give Up 5 Minutes Before the Miracle
* Substance Abuse and Competence
* Substance Abuse and the Legal Profession
* The Neuroscience of Addiction: Attorney as Patient
Please note that this does not change the overall requirement of 30 IL MCLE hours. You must also complete 4 required hours of Legal Ethics. You may complete the newly required Bias & Diversity and Mental Health & Substance Abuse through online Illinois CLE courses. For more information about CLE in Illinois, please click here: IL CLE.