How many TX CLE hours do you have to complete? How do you report your CLE credit? Does the provider report your Texas CLE credit? How many ethics hours are required each year?
Top TX MCLE Questions
- When must I complete and report completion of my Texas CLE requirement?
- The Texas CLE compliance year is a one-year period that begins on the first day of the month you were born and ends one year later on the last day of the month that precedes the month of your birth. Every Texas attorney is granted an automatic grace period to complete and report mandatory TX CLE hours for the TX CLE compliance year. This TX CLE grace period runs until the end of the birth month.
- Does Attorney Credits keep track and report my Texas CLE hours completed?
- Yes, Attorney Credits does report your Texas CLE credit completed to the State Bar of Texas. We send completed lists to the State Bar of Texas every Monday. We report on Monday for all courses completed the previous Monday 12:00:01 AM to Sunday 12:59:59 PM.
- Whose responsibility is it to ensure that your TX CLE hours are properly reported?
- You. Since Texas is a self-reporting CLE state you must verify the receipt of your TX CLE compliance information because Texas attorneys are ultimately responsible for reporting completion of their TX CLE requirement to the State Bar of Texas.
- How do I report my annual Texas MCLE compliance?
- Your MCLE Annual Verification Report will be mailed to you by the State Bar of Texas eight (8) weeks before your birth month. It is your duty to review this report carefully. If the Verification Report indicates that you have completed the required number of TX CLE hours, you do not need to take any further action. If you have not completed or reported the minimum 15 TX CLE credit hours by the last day of your TX CLE compliance year, a reminder notice will be emailed and mailed to you by the State Bar of Texas at the beginning of your birth month. If you are not in compliance with your mandatory TX CLE requirement you can either report your TX CLE compliance online or submit a coded Credit Input Form that is mailed along with your MCLE Annual Verification Report.
If you’re like many attorneys, you have questions about your CLE compliance. That’s why we created our Texas CLE FAQ… so we can help you easily find the information that you need about your TX MCLE compliance! For more information about your TX CLE compliance please click here: TX CLE FAQ.