You’re sipping your Sunday morning coffee and checking the news on your phone when you see your law school classmate quoted about a national sexual discrimination lawsuit.
Best Practices for Attorneys Dealing with Reporters & the Media
Could a well-timed article put pressure on opposing counsel to settle? When you are preparing to file major litigation do you contact the local newspaper with a press release? Do you know the ethical boundaries of trial publicity & extrajudicial statements when communicating with reporters about pending litigation?
Presented by Janet Falk, a New York PR expert with over 30 years of experience, this course will present best practices for solo and small firm attorneys seeking to raise their media profile – the ethical way. A sample Media Profile and Press Release will be analyzed and provided in the written materials. To access the course please click here: Best External Communications for an Ethical Practice.
Attorneys, Ethics & the Media:
* Spot the ethical issues of speaking to reporters about cases filed in court
* Know the ethical boundaries when communicating with clients & public about your law practice
* Develop succinct, ethical biographical material for media profiles & releases
* Be aware of the types of case information can be ethically disclosed in press releases about pending litigation
* Stay within the ethical rules on advertising & marketing
Janet Falk is Chief Strategist of Falk Communications and Research. She has more than 30 years experience in-house and at public relations agencies. Janet mainly advises attorneys with a solo practice and at small law firms on Media Relations and Marketing Communications.
This online CLE course is approved in theses states:
* Alaska (AK)
* Alabama (AL)
* Arizona (AZ)
* California (CA)
* Connecticut (CT)
* District of Columbia (DC)
* Illinois (IL)
* Maryland (MD)
* Massachusetts (MA)
* Michigan (MI)
* Missouri (MO)
* New Hampshire (NH)
* New Jersey (NJ)
* New York (NY)
* North Dakota (ND)
* Pennsylvania (PA)
* South Dakota (SD)
* Vermont (VT)
Attorney Credits offers online CLE for attorneys in NY and around the country. For more information about online New York CLE please click the following link: NY CLE.